Designed in England and handcrafted in Portugal, Calla shoes is a classically European brand of shoes designed to fit your feet.
We are the brainchild of founder Jennifer Bailey, a bunion sufferer of the last 20 years and a serial hunter of stylish shoes to wear for special occasions. Jennifer understands the pain of not being able to find shoes to fit your feet better than anyone, having gone through it for the most of her life.
Unlike regular wide fitting shoes, Calla footwear is wide in the toe box, but standard in the heel. This allows us to provide you with additional width and volume where you need it most across your bunions, without having your heel pop out of the shoe.
We only source the softest, luxury leather and suede from Portuguese merchants, to accommodate your lumps and bumps and ensure that there's no rubbing.
Our uppers are carefully crafted to disguise your bunions by our Portuguese shoe masters, with vamps coming up higher than in regular footwear, to ensure that your lumps and bumps are 'tucked in'.
Comfort is key, so we have made sure that each Calla shoe features a cushioned and arch supported insole, to support your foot.
To ensure the highest quality of materials and craftsmanship, all Calla shoes are handmade in the Porto region of Portugal. We are really proud of the process, and we invite you to meet the people who make your shoes.
Calla has been recognized by the press as:
- ‘The Best (Actually Stylish) Shoes for Bunions, According to to Foot Experts’ by New York Magazine,
- ‘Ideal for those with bunions’ by NetDoctor,
- 'Were they comfy? Extremely, as the shoes come up around the feet to cover and cushion the bunion.' by Top Sante,
- ‘Best stylish orthopaedic shoes for women’ by Evening Standard.
Having founded Calla shoes after being made redundant while pregnant, Jennifer’s aim in establishing the company was to provide women with bunions with comfortable, yet fashionable shoes.
The business vision came together in her head after she struggled immensely to find a suitable pair of shoes for her Italian wedding (and ended up kicking off the uncomfortable heels she was wearing after an hour).
Years of research later, Calla was launched to the delight of women all over the world, and the comfort that our shoes provide is loved by customers in 50+ countries. For her role in empowering women, Jennifer was honored with the Inspiring Woman Award in the Entrepreneur category in 2018.
With many fans among celebrities and bloggers (hello Jeannie Mai, Dawn Gallagher, Meaghan Mooney and Tamera Mowry Housley), you may have started seeing our stylish shoes on the red carpet, too. Calla shoes are also recommended by Dr Bradley Schaeffer (of TLC's 'My feet are killing me').
So, welcome to the land of comfort, style, and quality. Here are our top tips for you:
- If you are a first-time customer of Calla, remember that you can get 15% off your first order by signing up to our newsletter. We like to treat you well like that.
- We understand that if you suffer from bunions, you may not usually enjoy shoe shopping. We are here to change that. Our experienced team of online shoe fitters is at hand to help you with sizing and any other enquiries you may have. Just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the chat in the right bottom corner of your screen. You can also use our handy measurement guide.
- USA shipping is free over $120, and USA returns are always free!
Now you know all of the above, you are all set to discover our