Why are normal sandals bad for bunions?
Normal women's sandals, and normal footwear in general, are designed for style over comfort. They are built for the average foot size and shape, and anyone who doesn't fit into that model will likely feel mild discomfort while wearing them. Traditional sandals are narrow, with very little support, and often have a strap that ends up rubbing around your bunion area, causing pain and blisters.
Or sometimes they won't have any covering around the forefoot, meaning your bunions aren't hidden at all. Fliflops are even worse for bunions, so stay clear.
So purchasing bunion sandals can free you to enjoy a summer holiday on the beach without worrying about what your feet look like.
What sandals can you wear if you have bunions?
The best ladies sandals for bunions are those with a deep and wide toe-box, that provide additional room for the forefoot, and don't rub or cause discomfort to your bunion. They should also have a supportive arch, to prevent further damage to your foot posture. You should also choose sandals that are wide enough to accommodate the width of your feet, which will vary per person.
Can bunions be corrected with sandals?
The proper sandals aren't a corrector for bunions, but they can alleviate symptoms like pain, as well as preventing your bunions from getting worse. Don't waste your money on "bunion-correcting" sandals, as they won't work.
Straps to Hide Your Bunions
Congratulations on finding the best sandals for covering bunions. Now, get ready to step into the world of comfort. You can finally conceal and hide your bunions - our strategically positioned straps and vamps come up high to cover your big toe joint and foot lumps and bumps.
This helps you get your feet out in the sunshine without being embarrassed about your bunions, and our pretty sandals will fill you with confidence for both daytime and evening wear.
We have open-toe "flip flop" style sandals, wedge heel sandals, and high-heeled dressy
How Do Calla Sandals Help Bunion Pain?
Whether you are new to our world of comfort or have been blessed with wearing Calla sandals before, you may wonder what goes into creating the comfort in our sandals for bunions. We are happy to provide answers.
Calla sandals for bunions are made comfortable with the help of:
- super soft, luxurious Portuguese leather uppers and lining ensure that the sandals ‘mould’ to your feet without rubbing or putting pressure on the joint.
- wide fitting toe boxes, designed with bunions in mind, specifically to accommodate them and minimize foot pain. We also offer multiple sandal widths.
- standard heel areas, because we know that you only need the space in the front of the sandal where the bunion sits (Calla was founded by a bunion sufferer – no one understands the pain more than we do)
- non-slip soles, so that you can rely on your shoes to help you stand firmly on your feet, particularly important with high heels
- our insole comfort features differ depending on the style, but each of our sandal styles features either an arch-supported and cushioned insole or a memory foam insole
- the years of expertise of our Portuguese shoemakers who handcraft your shoes
- adjustable straps help you find the perfect fit for your foot and adjust them for pain relief throughout the day.
By incorporating all of the above comfort features, we have created a range of sandals for bunions that your feet will love. In fact, the lack of suitable wedding sandals that would fit her feet inspired Jennifer Bailey, our founder and fellow bunion sufferer, to set up Calla.
You can also use these sandals if you suffer from plantar fasciitis. These shoes will help reduce redness, swelling, or inflammation caused by poorly fitted footwear.
Stylish & Fashionable Sandals for Women
Three years on, and we have now provided women in 50+ countries worldwide with comfortable, stylish sandals. Jennifer does not believe that having bunions should stop you from being comfortable and stylish, and our range of sandals reflects this.
Some women also find these sandals help with pain due to plantar fasciitis, swollen feet, flat feet, hammertoes, bunionettes, and hallux rigidus. Approved by podiatrists.
Whether you are looking for a casual sandal or a heeled dress sandal, there will be a suitable style within our comfort collection. If you do not believe us, read the reviews of the women who have already discovered the sandal bunion comfort.